I abandoned LJ for a long time, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see that people have actually discovered this community. I'd love suggestions on what this community can do!
(If anyone who joins or has joined is under 13, I'm sorry for the strong language, but unless you're really young or really sheltered, it isn't anything you haven't heard a million times before)
In the mean time.... 10 reasons I hate George W. Bush
1. He didn't win the first time. He won the second time by exploiting 9/11 and using scare tactics.
2. He's a hypocrite. For example, Dick Cheney can drop an F-Bomb in public without remorse, but if, say, Ted Kennedy did that...
3. He's selfish. That bastard is dumping trillions of dollars of debt on us just so he and his corporate friends can get rich on Iraqi oil, arm sales, ect.
4. He's isn't that smart! He might not be quite as dumb as some people make him out to be, but he is, in many ways, a puppet of Dick, Rummy, Karl, ect., the real brains behind this mess
5. We- the younger generation, who are currently teens & kids- are the ones who are going to pay for his fucking up America.
6. He only got elected because of his famous last name.
7. He dosn't look at opposing viewpoints. Poor Colin Powell. Condi and Al Gonzales are much more his style.
8. He's intolerant. Two men (or woman) who love each other can't get married...why? To "Protect the sacred institution of marriage?" Or to make sure Bush keeps getting evangelical support? leads right into..
9. He's a puppet of the Religious Right! The bastard wants to ban Abortion (so woman'll kill themselves doing it illegally) ban stem cell reaserch (because saving people's lives by curing devastating diseases is bad, since it's corrupting god's design), and, as mentioned above, change the Constitution of the U.S.A. so only straight people can get married (because anything else is a perversion of god's will, despite the fact that most other animals have homosexuality)
10. He's George W. Bush!
I'm just glad my birthday is early enough so that I'll be able to vote against Jeb or Bill Frist or whoever runs in '08
So, as a discussion question, what do you think of Michael Moore? God, a total embarrassment, or something in between? Have you seen Fahrenheit 9/11?